Welcome from Orchy Design

Welcome from Orchy Design

Tuesday 15 June 2010

Carnival Colours

As I mentioned in a previous post, one of the great things about this job is attending all sorts of wonderful events and this weekend was no exception.
We had a stall at the Glasgow Westend Festival which has now been running for 15 years!  The festival runs for 3 weeks and during that time there are lots of free performances that take place at different westend venues.
On Sunday it was the opening parade, and although it is not a patch on Nottinghill or Rio, there is still a friendly carnival atmosphere with music, costumes, performers and dancers.
Despite the on/off drizzly rain, there were plenty of beautiful colours to brighten up the day.  I thought I would share a few of my favourite outfits from the parade and if you are in Glasgow in June, I would recommend attending some of the fantastic free events.








Unfortunately my camera battery ran out at this point after much enthusiastic previous clicking and I only managed this one photo of the Chinese costumes which were my absolute favourite.  They were really beautiful with the most amazing colours.  I guess I'll just have to go back again next year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment